French Polynesia Wildlife Expedition // 2020
2020 French Polynesia Wildlife Expedition // We are offering (2) expeditions (6) individuals each the opportunity to join us on our travels to French Polynesia later this year. In this part of the world, wildlife exceeds all expectations. Being one of the very few locations where you're permitted to swim with humpback whales and interact with numerous sharks all in one morning, we hold French Polynesia and its wildlife very close to our hearts. We have been traveling the world chasing unique and memorable wildlife interactions, and the culture and pristine water of this location has motivated us to share it with others.
French Polynesia took our breath away - Our ultimate goal moving into 2020 is to share this experience with other like-minded individuals. People that are passionate about the ocean and eager to learn more about how we can work together to conserve it. We strive to maintain a very high level of respect while we dive, photograph and interact with various species. In saying this, we have opened our doors to all skill levels and started to accept applications for this year's expedition.
Location: Mo'orea, French Polynesia
Dates: 9/27 --> 10/3 OR 10/4 --> 10/10
Spaces Available: 9/27-10/3 (6 out of 6) 10/4-10/10 (6 out of 6)
- Daily (morning or afternoon) lagoon snorkel with Stingray and Blacktip Reef Sharks
- Outer reef snorkel/freediving - Possible blacktip reef sharks, spotted eagle rays, grey reef sharks and an abundance of fish species
- Bluewater diving and snorkel with various cetaceans - Possible humpback whales, spinner dolphins, pilot whales, and rough tooth dolphins
- Possibility of observing and diving with pelagic species of shark such as oceanic whitetips and silky sharks
// Captains, Guides and Photographers will exhaust all means in search of mentioned species but at the end of the day its wildlife -- Interactions are not guaranteed
// No Scuba Diving experience is necessary for wildlife interaction
- (6) Full Days on the boat (typically 5-6 hours)
- Personal Guide (Kayleigh Grant) Professional Photographer (Cam Grant)
- Photo Package (Wildlife Interactions)
- Optional Photo Workshop with Cam Grant (Casual - Evening Post Processing and Underwater Editing Guidance)
- Snacks and Beverages (Non-Alcoholic) on the boat
- Accommodation - Shared Villas (WiFi, Hot Water, Parking)
- Airfare and Transportation to Mo'orea (Airport Code - PPT)
- Ferry Ticket from Pape'ete to Mo'orea
- Daily meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) - Communal meals are welcome and will be discussed upon arrival
- Gratuity for Captains and Guides
- Personal Expenses and Travel Insurance
If interested, please reach out through our contact form located below and tell us a little about yourself and why you think this expedition would be right for you! Please include a personal description and any affiliated social media handles. We are here to answer any questions or concerns!
Mahalo Nui Loa from the Faraway Seas Team!